Friday, September 22, 2006

The beef jerkey diet

I've been low carbing lately which is a little tough to do while I'm travelling in the Philippines. So I've been eating a lot of beef jerky (Jack Links, to be more specific. The Sweet&Hot is awesome and really cheap at Target) that I brought with me. I noticed yesterday that I was really thirsty. It could have been the 520mg of sodium per serving, but it got me to wondering. How much of a normal person's water intake comes from food, and what happens if you eat food that doesn't contain water?

Apparently, about 20% of your water intake comes from food. So if you drink 8 glasses of water per day to bring your normal total intake to 10, and you switch to the jerky diet, you'll have to drink an extra two glasses per day.

Maybe you won't find that interesting, but at least my curiosity has been satisfied, if not my thirst.

0 Comments: