Friday, January 05, 2007

Stupid Ways to Lose Money

Some forum posters on MSN.com have been discussing stupid ways they lost money. I'd have to think long and hard to figure out my worst, but suffice it to say that over the course of my life I've lost five figures easy through really stupid stuff. Here are some examples that leap to mind:

- Countless times have I failed to send in rebates, or failed to return non-fitting articles of clothing within the return period. Being absent minded is costly.

- Losing receipts for work expenses is another of my favorite ways to blow money. Being disorganized is costly.

- My favorite: I went shopping for a new wallet with V-Train, and thought it would be a good idea to test containment ability by stuffing TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS cash into the wallet I was considering purchasing, then seeing how it felt. Eventually I decided not to purchase the wallet, and put it back. Hilarity did not ensue. Being retarded is costly.

I thought reading other people's stories would make me feel better, but it made me feel worse because my examples are dumber.

0 Comments: